How to clean couch: practical tips for a thorough cleaning – Women Tips
One can not deny that the sofa is one of the most important items in a house. Besides being decorative, it is also synonymous with comfort and well being. This is where most people spend part of the time you have available. After a day's work, nothing like sitting on the couch and give that relaxed, does not it?
Being relatively high cost of parts, sofas are not frequently changed and that the decoration of the house is changed, the tendency is for it to remain for a few years.
Therefore, proper cleaning and maintenance of the sofas is critical to ensure that the item is kept maintained, clean and with that guy again.
Check out some tips on how to clean your sofa and keep clean longer. Here's what you should not use in cleaning and how to get rid of spots.
Dry cleaning or damp cloth? What is the ideal?
The type of cleaning to be chosen depends on the material the sofa is made. Currently available in the market sofas made in wide range of materials: cotton, leather, linen, suede, velvet, napa, courino, among others.
Therefore, before performing cleaning it is necessary to know exactly what kind of sofa material. It is also important to check the label on the bottom of the couch, where the cleaning instruction symbols:
- A label with the symbol P stands for the normal cleaning process. Such flushing may be performed by dry wipes that are sold in supermarkets. Vacuum the couch and pass the cloth over the surface.
- W means normal wet cleaning process, which is the most common form of cleaning water is used and where specific products such as detergent.
- The letter F on the instruction label means cleaning professional dry. In such cases the recommendation is not to proceed with the cleaning at home and look for a specialized company.
- The letter O in cold water wash means.
How to clean sofa at home and keep it clean longer
The Personal Organizer Adriani Gonçalves recommends always start cleaning or vacuuming the sofa using a soft bristle brush to remove dust and dirt that is about it.
Fabric, linen and velvet: According to expert, a very useful solution in the home cleaning fabric sofa is as follows: Mix a liter of warm water to 1/4 of white vinegar. Dip a clean cloth and this mixture passes the couch. "If there are stubborn stains to remove, repeat the process with a more sponge soaked in this solution and wipe dry after leaving dry naturally" guides. According to Adriani, vinegar in addition to clean, takes away the smell and leaves the soft tissue. Make this cleaning at least once a month.
Leather: In the case of leather couches, napa or courino orientation is to pass only a damp cloth with a solution of water and neutral soap (detergent). To preserve the leather and prevent cracking the Adriani orientation is applied every three months, Vaseline or liquid silicone with a flannel on the couch.
Suede: "For suede fabric it is advisable to pass only a cloth moistened with water and mild detergent to remove dirt. You should brush the sofa once a week with its own brush for suede, "guides the Personal Organizer. If any liquid fall on the fabric is the ideal dry immediately.
What to avoid when cleaning the sofa
Under the guidance of Rafaela Oliveira, Blog Organize no frills, it is not recommended to use products containing chlorine. The use of soap powder is also not suitable for cleaning sofas. "When in doubt, use a neutral liquid detergent or a specific product for cleaning upholstery," guides.
How to remove stains
To be a place of great circulation, it is common some stains on the sofa. The first thing to do is clean it immediately. This will facilitate cleaning and removal. Learn how to remove the main types of stains.
Wine and coffee: use a paper towel to absorb as much of the spilled liquid. Start at the edge towards the center to prevent the stain from spreading. Pour some tonic water or gas onto the stain to bubble up to the surface. Then wipe again with a paper towel, avoiding rubbing. Repeat if necessary. Another option is to go ice on the stain and go wiping.
Soda: to remove the stain is recommended the application of a colorless liquid detergent and water.
Pen: wet sponge in white vinegar and apply to the risk of rubbing pen with the soft part of the sponge until the stain skirt. Another option is to pass a wet cloth with makeup remover (makeup remover) on the spot.
Fat: to remove grease and food stains follow the steps taken by Adriani: mild soap and water (1 cup of warm water for 1/4 neutral dishwashing soap), forms a foam this mixture and wipe with a sponge the stain, leave it for 15 minutes, remove with a cloth or paper towel, always from the outside in. Spend a dry cloth and let dry.
Lipstick: "Pass alcohol on the premises and remove any excess with a paper towel," guides Adriani.
Useful tips and tricks to take care of your couch
- In addition to home products, you can also use own products for sofas;
- baby wipes are great allies in the sofa cleaning;
- To keep clean upholstered longer avoid eating on the couch;
- To prevent stains from cups, put tables next to the sofa or media that can be left in the arms of the same;
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sofa and let stand for 30 minutes helps in cleaning and odor elimination. This technique is ideal for people who have pets at home and are allergic;
- Steam sanitizers are great options for cleaning upholstery;
- The waterproofing of upholstery is a very useful method for its conservation. Although the investment will not be low, the result is satisfactory, especially for those with children at home.
Of how often should I clean the sofa?
Adriani Gonçalves guides the basic cleaning is done weekly. Thus the dust, and the moisture does not accumulate on the couch. To pour any liquid on the padded, ideally immediately wipe it with a dry cloth.
If heavy cleaning is recommended to perform them in one year apart and if possible hire a specialized company, it is worth the investment.