Wicks contour: the technique that illuminates and enhances every type of hair
Photo: Playback / Gigi Hadid
Initially, the Contour technique emerged in makeup, abusing the illuminator to enhance facial contours, but today is also incorporated by leading hair stylists around the world.
The locks, the technique seeks to realize a game with light and shadow, blending light strands with dark threads. João Franco Hairdressing sets the counter as "a technique that uses light and dark to create depth, illuminating strategic points hair around the face."
The contour strands can be applied in different types of hair being more suitable for medium to thick wire, and match different shades can be applied to blond, auburn and also brown. They have become trend when it comes to color and gained more and more women.
Franco says that the purpose of the technique is smooth facial contours and bring lightness to the hair and it is made, usually in the front of the hair. However, it is necessary to know the face, the hair and the woman's profile to apply the locks in a personalized way, defining which wires should be illuminated and which should be darkened.
- 1 The right contour for each face shape
- 2 Hair with beautiful counter for you to inspire
- 2.1 1. The contour strands combine with long hair
- 2.2 2. They are beautiful in medium length hair
- 2.3 3. And bring much emphasis on shorter hair
- 2.4 4. These strands can give an incredible shine to the brown wire
- 2.5 5. Can help you achieve the desired blonde
- 2.6 6. Also look beautiful in the most striking shades
- 2.7 7. They can be a clearer outline
- 2.8 8. Or bring a more discreet lighting
- 2.9 9. Leave the blond tresses with more personality
- 2.10 1. And bring charm to the dark-haired
- 2.11 11. They can bring a lot of light to red hair
- 2.12 12. Or they may be mild and discreet these shades
- 2.13 13. contour wicks leave any brighter blonde
- 2.14 14. Or they can create a wonderful gradient
- 2.15 15. The light brown is also accentuated by streaks
- 2.16 16. And they bring contrast to the hair
- 2.17 17. Contour is the right technique to get a new look without drastic changes
- 2.18 18. It can also be used for a major transformation
- 2.19 19. The strands bring light and movement to the hair
- 2.20 20. In addition to collaborate with the cut personality
- 2.21 21. They are beautiful in very curly hair
- 2.22 22. harmonize wavy hair
- 2.23 23. And enhance straight hair
- 2.24 24. They can give a sense of stretching both the face as the hair itself
- 2.25 25. and may also create a visual stripped
- 2.26 26. The contour is well on colored hair
- 2.27 27. Especially in shades of pink
- 2.28 28. You can choose to very dark roots and brighter tips
- 2.29 29. Or by lighting that starts from the top and go to the end of hair
- 2.30 30. The important thing is to find the right application for you!
The right contour for each face shape
The contour locks can match with different women, just knowing the best way to apply them, highlighting the features and style of each. To define the points of light fuses, it is important to know what traits should be accentuated or softened, seeking harmony and beauty. Check then tips to roll with this independent technical of your face shape.
Read also: 100 pictures of hair with magnificent locks to inspire her new look
Photo: Playback / Rosymelina
Who have a round face, usually search lengthen it by cutting and hair color. "For this format, indicate clear strands throughout the length and darkened locks just below the ear, to fine tune the chin," suggests João Franco.
vertical light spots along the hair can enhance the face and bring the desired effect.
Photo: Playback / Camila Queiroz
square faces express a strong face and a wider jaw. To balance these features, you can play with the locks and bring effects of texture and depth to the hair.
Hairdresser says "ideal for square faces, is to soften the area of the temples and jaw."
Photo: Playback / Cristhofer Gloe
"To reach a face decreased sensation, the roots must have darker tones that blend with the lights delicately," indicates Franco.
Read also: How to care for hair strands
Professional adds that hair divided in the middle are also a good choice to look for this type of face. "Next to the hair split, you can also apply small dots of light that starts above the ear," he adds.
Photo: Playback / Carlos SUDEX
The heart-shaped face is wider close to the scalp and also on the cheeks, while the chin is thin and slightly pointed. According to the professional for this type of face, it is customary to leave the dark and small root light strands along the hair.
Moreover, as the contour locks help to harmonize the face, "in the area between the ears and jaw, for example, should seek a darker tone to smooth over sharp chins," suggests professional.
Proper use of this technique, respecting each face shape and hair type, expands, illuminates and enhances the features.
Hair with beautiful counter for you to inspire
If you are thinking of changing your look, the counter locks can be a good option. Check out different hair with contour for inspiration and finding the right locks for you.
Read also: Find out what is the ideal type of lock for you
1. The contour strands combine with long hair
Photo: Playback / Marina Rossi
2. They are beautiful in medium length hair
3. And bring much emphasis on shorter hair
4. These strands can give an incredible shine to the brown wire
Photo: Playback / Maxwell Gonçalves
5. Can help you achieve the desired blonde
Photo: Playback / Mallony Farias
6. Also look beautiful in the most striking shades
Photo: Playback / Majolie Hair
7. They can be a clearer outline
Photo: Playback / Laura Kelley-Hayes
8. Or bring a more discreet lighting
Photo: Playback / Edmilson Araújo
9. Leave the blond tresses with more personality
Photo: Playback / Deniz Procksch
1. And bring charm to the dark-haired
Photo: Playback / Cristhofer Gloe
11. They can bring a lot of light to red hair
Photo: Playback / Marcia Valéria
12. Or they may be mild and discreet these shades
Photo: Playback / Marcos Bezerra
13. contour wicks leave any brighter blonde
Photo: Playback / Suelen Azevedo
14. Or they can create a wonderful gradient
Photo: Playback / Clessia Novaes
15. The light brown is also accentuated by streaks
Photo: Playback / Denise Santos
16. And they bring contrast to the hair
Photo: Playback / Simone Ayala
17. Contour is the right technique to get a new look without drastic changes
Photo: Playback / Renata Bernardo
18. It can also be used for a major transformation
Photo: Playback / Marcos Miranda
19. The strands bring light and movement to the hair
Photo: Playback / Gislaine Ribas
20. In addition to collaborate with the cut personality
Photo: Playback / Dudu Menezes
21. They are beautiful in very curly hair
Photo: Playback / Beauty Bylee
22. harmonize wavy hair
Photo: Playback / Vanessa Ribeiro
23. And enhance straight hair
Photo: Playback / Evandro Haidresser
24. They can give a sense of stretching both the face as the hair itself
Photo: Playback / Beto Galvão
25. and may also create a visual stripped
Photo: Playback / Izabel Ximenes
26. The contour is well on colored hair
Photo: Playback / Haneri
27. Especially in shades of pink
Photo: Playback / Duffys Niddrie
28. You can choose to very dark roots and brighter tips
Photo: Playback / Duda Menezes
29. Or by lighting that starts from the top and go to the end of hair
Photo: Playback / Suellen Azevedo
30. The important thing is to find the right application for you!
Photo: Playback / Cristhofer Gloe
The contour technique leaves as clear and bright hair, seeking ease and lightness. Also, as you may have noticed, it can be applied in various ways, depending on the profile and characteristics of each woman. And you've decided how you will incorporate these locks on your look?