11 yoga easy exercises to boost your energy – Women Tips
When we hear in yoga, just think of relaxation, but be aware that some of his moves can be great energizer too!
"Yoga (yoga) is a philosophy and practices for self-knowledge. These practices help us to have a new vision of our body and mind, more it aligned with real needs. Consciousness acquired by regular practice helps us to make decisions that lead us toward a more balanced life, both physically and mentally, "says Maria Cabral, professor of Yoga, Ayurvedic therapist and organizer of Yoga for Peace, an event that offers lessons yoga and other self practice free of charge throughout Brazil.
Maria Cabral explains that Hatha Yoga is the Yoga of the arm connected to the psycho-physical postures, it is also the most widespread branch in the West. "The constant practice of Hatha Yoga (whatever the chosen method) ensures the flexibility of the spine, which is directly linked to our longevity and quality of our energy," he says.
Breathing exercises are important and efficient practices to balance the body and mind. "And the Hatha Yoga offers a rich menu of these exercises that can be true pharmacies for the balance of the body, mind and emotions. Some help us to calm and focus the mind (are excellent to prepare for meditation), others help us energize and purify the body, "explains Maria.
Within this proposal, Maria Cabral cites Sattva Yoga method developed by the Chilean Professor Gustavo Ponce, as a great option to energize the body.
As explained Maria Cabra, Sattva Yoga is a simple and excellent sequence to energize the body and help to activate the digestive system (very important today with so many women with digestion problems and constipated). Check step by step:
- Sit on your heels, comfortably (can be on top of a folded blanket to not hurt your knees). Close the fingers with the thumbs in the middle, making a fist, accommodate her fists in the belly of the floating ribs and the iliac crests, and lay your torso over the legs with his head toward the ground. Stay breathing slowly and deeply for 20 breaths.
- Raise the trunk and get a kaphalabhati cycle (breath bright skull), which is to expire with vigor, as if blowing his nose and let the inspiration come naturally. Keep the same pace between breaths and count 30 repetitions.
- After finishing the cycle kaphalabhati completely exhale air, making sure that the lungs are completely empty. With breathless lungs, suck the abdomen inward and upward, keeping the empty relax lungs and suck the abdomen a few times. It is important that the inspiration come before withholding become uncomfortable.
- Breathing slowly and deeply, go back to the first position, with hands closed in the abdomen and the relaxed forehead on the floor, for another cycle of 20 breaths.
- Repeat the entire sequence three times and after the last cycle, lie down with your back on the floor with the body totally relaxed for five minutes for the body to absorb the benefits of the practice.
"This sequence can be carried anywhere, preferably in the morning, because the stomach must be empty. If the practitioner has a problem in the knees or ankles, the first approach should not be maintained and the entire sequence can be done in a sitting posture with legs crossed, preferably with your sitting bones supported on a cushion, "explains Maria Cabral.
More yoga exercises to do at home
Below you can see a sequence with 10 other simple movements, but can be very useful in their day to day, also contributing to the relaxing and energizing your body:
1. Raise your arms in "prayer position"
Put your feet side by side, more or less following the hip width. Bring your hands in "prayer position", in front of his chest, and focus on breathing: Gently inhale and exhale. Take the opportunity to put aside all your tensions and focus on the activity you are doing.
After already be calm and centered sense, raise your hands, still in prayer position over your head. Tilt your head back slightly, as if looking at the sky. Remember to keep your back straight! Keep this position by about 10 deep breaths.
2. Bend the body down
Hands off the prayer position, then bring the arms and whole body down, allowing it is parallel to your legs. Take the hands to her ankles and stay in position for about 30 seconds, feeling the stretch in the back of your legs and your spine.
3. bending pose
This is basically the culmination of a pushup. Let your legs straight, back straight and hands parallel to his shoulders. Try to keep in position 10 counting deep breaths.
4. Lean forward
Go leading the arms forward, leaning down, keeping your feet on the ground and your back straight. Stay in position, breathing gently for about 30 seconds.
5. Let your legs flat on the floor and stretch your arms
Drop your bottom down toward the ground, back to the flexed position that you made earlier. Keep in position for 10 deep breaths.
6. Support belly and breast thighs
Sitting on her feet, stretch your arms and body forward, resting belly and chest on the thighs. Look touching his forehead to the ground and relax for about 30 seconds.
7. Lean back
Kneel down and lean back gently, trying to pull her hands on feet, also relaxing the head with this movement.
8. Raise the body
Lying on her back on the floor, lift your body. Hands behind his back (about waist high) will support. Try to stay in position for about 30 seconds, then slowly return the column to the floor, to be lying again.
9. "fish position"
Stay on your back, place your hands under her bottom, palms on the floor. Slide your elbows beneath you and lift the upper back a little, so you can put part of the head on the floor. Stay in position and breathe for 30 seconds.
This is not just an exercise, but a way to relax after the moves made.
Straighten your neck and let your arms relaxed at your sides. Place the legs at about the same width of the hips. Breathing softly, think of relaxing part by part of your body.
Now you know that with simple exercises from yoga, which can be done at home, it is possible to achieve higher quality of life! It is worth practicing!