78 songs for wedding Recommended by professionals
Photo: Getty Images
For many couples, marriage is the realization of a dream; and the ceremony and celebration, a milestone of this new phase. So the idea is that everything goes perfectly well the "big day"!
The church, the site of the party, the menu, the guest list, the costumes, the music ... Every choice deserves much attention as these, among many others, are the factors that will determine how will this unique celebration in the life of the couple.
The songs, by the way, have an essential role in both the ceremony and at the reception, and are worth mentioning because they are responsible for giving the touch of emotion and / or joy / relaxation every moment of the event.
The music literally sets the tone of the ceremony, arousing and intensifying emotions. "It completes the picture, touch people, connecting them at that time," says Claudia Camargo, Claudia Camargo Events, a company operating in the events market, advising on planning and organization, and the ceremonial service for the big day .
"Music moves our emotion. At a ceremony, the music makes the most emotional moment at certain times and makes us celebrate in others, "said Estênio Azevedo, marriage consultant.
Also read: DJ or band: know which one to choose to animate your wedding
"We just need to be careful when choosing the setlist to be appropriate to each situation, so you do not have the risk of breaking people's emotions or stimulate feelings that do not match the moment. Music crying at appropriate time to cry; the rest is just joy, with cheerful music, "the marriage consultant.
There are no rules, because the ideal is that marriage has "the face of the bride and groom." But there are indeed most appropriate music for every moment, especially in the case of religious ceremony.
- 1 78 great songs for wedding
- 2 13 tips to help you choose the songs
78 great songs for wedding
Photo: Getty Images
Below professionals Estênio Azevedo and Paulo Salvador, director of Magistrale Orchestra, cite some songs which are widely used in different moments of a wedding.
Input from parents
Azevedo said that there are few cases where parents come separated from sponsors with a unique song. "When this happens, I realize that, in most cases, we hear 'How great is my love for you," Roberto Carlos "he says.
- How Is My Love For You - Roberto Carlos
Entry of godparents
"For the sponsors, usually indicate a soft, slow, romantic song, but that is not emotional," said Azevedo.
Read also: 15 tips to liven up the dance floor at your wedding
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
- All Of Me - John Legend
- With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
- Stand By Me - John Lennon
- I Do not Want To Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
Azevedo explains that many newlyweds choose specific songs, which are important to him for some reason. "So this time the ceremony is the most varied in terms of songs. I find it important that freedom in being comfortable in 'your time'. Just take care so you do not exaggerations "he says.
- November Rain - GNR
- 93 milions Miles - Jason Mraz
- Kashmir - Led Zeppelin (instrumental)
- Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Entry of pages, bridesmaid and ring of honor
According to Azevedo, it is time for a song that refers to childhood, not necessarily childish, but that has to do with the protagonists.
- Beauty And The Beast - Celine Dion
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John
- You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins
- Watercolor - Toquinho
- Let it Go (Frozen)
- Beauty and the Beast - Alan Menken
- So I'm No You - Adriana Calcanhoto
Paulo Salvador points out that the Wedding March from Mendelsson is the most traditional and performed in 97% of marriages.
Besides the traditional Wedding March, you can see other songs that can be chosen by brides:
- Wedding March - Mendelsson
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- To dream - Marcelo Jeneci
- Marry Me - Vanessa da Mata
- Is not She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
Azevedo points out that the blessing and exchange of rings always varies according to the religion of ceremony. "I realize that Catholics do not usually give up 'Ave Maria' in various instrumental and sung versions, as well as some evangelicals choose 'How big is my God - Soraya Morais', but here also varies a lot," he explains.
- Ave Maria (solo piano)
- How Great Is My God - Soraya Morais
- Endless Love - Diana Ross
- Thank You For Loving Me - Bon Jovi
- Angel - Sarah Mclachlan
- Somewhere Over The Raimbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Greetings and out of the ceremony
Azevedo said that at the time of compliments, it is time to let the tears roll, "as many people held the emotion here and need to download it to be able to celebrate all the rest with joy."
- Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (Shrek Film Heritage)
- Agnus Dei - Darlene Zschech
- Con Te Partiro - Andrea Bocelli
- From This Moment On - Shania Twain
- Viva La Vida - Coldplay
- Wake Me Up - Avicii
- I Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
- Lucky - Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat
- Lets Stay Together - Al Green
- I'm Yours - Jasom Mraz
- Happy - Pharrel Williams
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Everything - Michael Bubble
- I Know That I Love You - Tom Jobim, Vinicius de Morais and Elis Regina
- I put to you Love - Nando Reis and Ana Cañas
Entry grooms in ballroom
"And the party continues, so entering the room should be as happy or more than the output of the ceremony! It is there that the couple will be received by all the people who have chosen to honor finger this time, "said Azevedo. But it is worth noting that you can choose any song that has significant value for the couple. But the ideal is to be a joyful sound, anime that even more guests to the entrance of the bride and groom.
- Hey, Soul Sister - Train
- Summer - Calvin Harris
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Rude - Magic
- A Certain Someone - Lulu Santos
Have a dinner
"It is important to remember that the party has already started and we can not let the stimulus of people fall, even if dinner is a light and quiet moment, you need to balance," said Azevedo.
In addition to the current, it is customary to place at this time, songs, both national and international, known by people of all ages. For everyone feel familiar and comfortable with the party.
- Sugar - Maroon 5
- Want To Want Me - Jason Derulo
- Cool Kids - Echosmith
- Just had to be with you - Tom Jobim and Elis Regina
- The Way You Look Tonight - Rod Stewart
- New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
- How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Lilac - Djavan
- Not that Tide - Jorge Vercillo
- Both of you liked - Tim Maia
- Good luck - Vanessa da Mata
- Sunflower - Black City
Check out a selection of songs - from the oldest to the current - which are often played over the party, with the proposal to make the guests dance.
- Blame - Calvin Harris
- YMCA - Village People
- La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
- Dancing Days - The Frenéticas
- It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
- Rather Be - Clean Bandit
- I Love It - Icona Pop
- Sky Full Of Stars (Robin Schulz Remix) - Coldplay
- Am I Wrong - Nico and Vinz
- Blue nightclub - Matogrosso and Mathias
- The Angels Sing Our Love - Jorge e Matheus
- Me and You Always - Jorge Aragão
- Truth - Zeca Pagodinho
- On Your Way - Initial Capital
- By Your Side - Jota Quest
- Pro Better Day - Cazuza
- Fisherman Illusions - O Rappa
Note that there are plenty of songs that can be played at weddings. Also, do not stop to arise news! A couple who loves country music, for example, will certainly want to tap your party a few songs of this style (new or old). The same goes for those who love samba and then on!
13 tips to help you choose the songs
Photo: Getty Images
Azevedo points out that the soundscape is super important in any situation, especially at a time that is already striking on its own. "This means that every time you remember that moment, certain music will come into your mind and you may well feel the same feeling I had, through a memory," he says.
"Usually, when I meet with the couple to deal with the event songs, I try to extract from them as much information so that, together, we can trace a set list that print personality and their musical taste. Some newlyweds have already defined music or personal desires; others arrive and lost. One thing that is very worthwhile also to hear the views of music professionals hired for the event. The guys live in the musical world and manage to convey the news and versions that match what we want, "the marriage consultant.
"I often say that there are no rules when it comes to producing a wedding. The assessor is required to realize the dream of the bride and groom by doing what they dream and wish of course with very good sense. Often an idea just needs to be polished to become the most striking point of the event. You need to know even hear what the bride and groom can not speak, feel what they imagine and expect the big day, and when we do this, we are sure that will be not only the songs that will be in memory, "said Azevedo.
Check out some practical tips that will probably help you in defining the wedding songs:
- Include in the repertoire songs that you like and that are part of the story of you.
- Do not forget that the party is also for the guests! Not because you like samba, for example, should only play it at the wedding. Think of an eclectic repertoire that pleases everyone.
- For the religious ceremony two issues are important: "the songs must have to do with the couple's characteristics. And the second point is not to forget that, because it is a religious ceremony, there are some precautions in the choice of songs. Especially if the site is a church with established rules, "the musical group Ânima.
- "By choosing international music send to know the translation not to run the risk of having a beautiful melody talking about issues that do not match the time", explains Claudia Camargo.
- "Imagine listening to the songs chosen for the big day 10 years later. The classical (both scholarly and popular) generally are always remembered with the same enchantment years later, "says Ânima group.
- The sound must be of quality. Whether you opt for a DJ, for a band or orchestra etc., look for reliable suppliers.
- Not "make tests" at your wedding. Look for hire professionals you've ever seen play at least once or at least they have a good indication.
- When deciding between DJ or band to the party, calmly study the pros and cons of each.
- In the first meeting with the supplier (either DJ, is the band, is an orchestra), make it clear what is the style of the couple, who are planning marriage and list the points that are most important to you. For example, if you do not want, in any way, to touch a particular musical style at the event, say it.
- In the case of the band, especially, ask if she is willing to make small changes in the repertoire, if this is important to you.
- In the case of DJ, design the set list with a few days in advance and avoid getting asking for changes in the day of the event.
- Remember that some wedding moments ask for songs that provide excitement; others, joy, relaxation. "Both the religious ceremony and the party have their dynamics. The religious ceremony begins with softer songs; announces the groom's entrance with a little more 'pomp' and climaxes with the bride's entrance, the most anticipated moment. Ladies and pagens ask relaxed songs that go with the spontaneity of children. The blessing of alliances is an introspective and emotional moment. Greetings growing demand songs, which combine with the excitement of the sponsors and parents. The output of the couple is already the beginning of the party, "said Claudia.
- After submitting your wishes regarding the wedding songs and choose the supplier, trust in his work. He certainly strive to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
Choosing a good supplier and presenting the couple's wishes regarding the soundtrack for the big day, surely you and your guests curtirão the best possible event: emotion with the right amount and joy!