The benefits of walking barefoot – Women Tips
Have you ever wondered why it felt so good lying on the sand, looking at the clouds? Or, how much was tasty, a hot day, walk on the grass without shoes ?!
According to a book called "Ground" by Clinton Ober and Martin Zucker, you were experiencing the energy flow of the earth to connect to your physical body, which can bring many benefits to the health and welfare of the person.
The benefits of contact with Earth
The "earth therapy", as many people have heard, it is simple and free. Just connect your bare feet directly with Earth and enjoy the benefits that even according to the book include:
- Significant improvements in inflammation-related disorders;
- Significant improvements in relation to chronic pain;
- Improvement in sleep disorders;
- Energy boost;
- Stress reduction;
- Decrease in muscular tension;
- Relief of headaches;
- Decrease in hormonal and menstrual symptoms, among other benefits.
Make your "grounding"
Liked the idea or want to see if the "grounding therapy" actually delivers results ?!
Check out some tips:
- Start standing, sitting or lying on the grass, sand or concrete unpainted. All these surfaces will transmit the energy of the Earth.
- Pay attention to how you feel before you start. You can also note a kind of "diary" that information on how you feel physically and emotionally, to subsequently evaluate their healing process over time.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on releasing any pain or stress you may be feeling. If you are lying on the ground, open your eyes and let your imagination "play" with the cloud formations.
- Stay at least half an hour at this venue (standing, sitting or lying down) and turn the world around. Calm your thoughts and concentrate on what you're doing.
- After 30 minutes or so, return to the "present." Pay attention to how your body and mind are now, compared to when you started the activity.
- Or simply set aside a little time out of your day to walk barefoot and enjoy these benefits!
But is this idea of grounding even makes sense?
According to Roberto Ranzini, orthopedist and sports physician from the Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo (USP), member of the Brazilian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (SBOT) and professional Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein and Hospital Alemão Oswaldo Cruz, in scientific terms, there is nothing concrete about the "earth therapy." However, people should, yes, from time to time, walking barefoot, as a general recommendation.
"Walking barefoot is actually beneficial. Favors the sensitivity of the foot as a whole and the movement of the joints, which we call proprioception "he says. "But in orthopedic medical terms, it is not advisable to take long walks without shoes, unless it is in regular soil, non-abrasive and soft as grass," said the orthopedist and sports physician.
Roberto Ranzini says, for us to walk barefoot without compromising our health, we must consider the regularity and the hardness of the soil. "In other words, one should not walk long distances on land with many irregularities (holes and gaps) and very hard as asphalt and stones," he explains.
What about physical activities, you can practice some of them - such as a brisk walk or a run - without shoes?
According to the orthopedist and sports physician, it all depends on the person's adaptation, but, in general, is contraindicated to race that generate a lot of impact without proper footwear. "Injuries are very common even using them. In addition to the feet, all the structures of the lower limb support huge impacts and with shoes, this is minimized, "he explains.
So do not take chances to do barefoot physical activities without first consulting a professional you trust, that you can spend all appropriate guidelines and the possible risks of this practice.
But if the idea is to make just a short walk without shoes, do not procrastinate! You will surely enjoy good times and some benefits for your health!