Mini garden: how to do, where to buy and photos to inspire
Photo: Getty Images
In addition to beautiful, a mini garden is the ideal choice for those who want to add a bit of nature but does not offer a lot of space, is the ideal alternative for those who live in apartments, or even that does not have free time to ensure the necessary care to conventional plants.
Arranged in glass terrariums and even aquariums, mini garden becomes a decorative object full of life and delicacy, adding charm to any environment. It can also be presented in different models, with an endless variety of plants and materials, according to the preference of its creator.
For Babi Vieira, owner of The Mini Worlds, a company specializing in the creation of mini gardens and terrariums, these are ideal for those who live in apartments and have little space with sun, as some species adapt well to environments with shade. "In addition, also for low maintenance they are great for those who do not have much time to take care of your seedlings. In addition to beautiful and dynamic decorative objects they call our attention to the grandeur of nature and the universe that inhabits a simple moss, "he says.
- 1 Step-by-step: how to make a mini garden
- 2 Tutorials to create your mini garden
- 3 Mini gardens ready to buy online
- 4 Taking care of your miniature garden
- 5 25 photos mini gardens for inspiration!
Step-by-step: how to make a mini garden
If you want to brighten your home with this decoration object "live" professional created a simple tutorial, teaching you how to create a mini garden for your home. Check their guidelines:
- Container 1: "May be glass, ceramic or clay. Even some not so conventional as tennis or a pan. Use your creativity, "indicates the professional.
- prepared substrate: "About 3 parts of vegetable earth, 2 parts sand and 1 part of perlite" teaches.
- stones: "Pebbles or gravel of your choice", he proposes.
- Cuttings of succulents: "The ideal is that they have an appropriate size for its container," instructs.
- Props: "It is up to you. Can be from colored sand, characters, pebbles, shells tronquinhos to "guides.
- Gardening tools: "If you do not have specific tools, you can improvise by using items such as harvesting of different sizes, long tweezers, brush, etc.," he says.
- Wash with soap its container, removing any unwanted residue thereof. Thus it is avoided that a fungus or insect larvae proliferate locally. Wait dry completely.
- Make a small layer with pebbles or gravel on the bottom, seeking to facilitate drainage if there is an excess of water, since the container normally has no holes.
- Use your imagination and mentally draw the scene you want to play, so do not risk to assemble everything and then change your mind.
- Remove the plants chosen for their respective vessel, always taking care to preserve as much as possible from the original lump of earth around its roots. This ensures a better adaptation of the plant in its new home. From here you already know the amount of land that will need to complete in your container. If the lump is large, since it put into the container and completing check with the prepared substrate to the desired height.
- Placed the plants, gently press the soil around the stem so that they settle better in the new soil.
- It's always good not to leave the soil exposed, this causes water to evaporate faster. Place a thin layer of gravel and / or sand covering it.
- Then, finalize gracing the stage with what you think is most interesting. Use rocks, tronquinhos, mini sticks, characters or colored sand. Let your imagination run wild.
Best plants to use in a mini garden
According to Babi, The best plants for use in open terraria and without holes in the bottom, are juicy and cacti. "By requiring less water than other plants, care is even easier," he says.
Also read: 14 creative ideas to take advantage of the space under the stairs
Other possible plants being grown in small terrariums are miniature ferns, the Peperomia, moss carpet, the Valley of the Moon, the beard-of-old, geranium strawberries, mini Calamus-Japanese Maple, the Fitonia and asplenium bulbiferium. Options abound, just choose what suits you.
Tutorials to create your mini garden
Do you need further explanation to mount your mini garden? Then check out these video tutorials with demonstrations and ideas of this beautiful decorative item:
Mini succulent and cactus garden
In this video, the blogger Gabi Lourenço teaches step-by-step how to create a mini garden with cacti and succulents using a clay pot.
How to make a terrarium / mini garden
In this tutorial, the blogger Juliana Góes shows all the steps for assembling a terrarium in a glass aquarium.
Step-by-step mini garden cacti and succulents
For this mini garden, double bloggers teaches to ride a beautiful mini garden with succulents and cacti varied.
Also read: 20 simple tricks to transform your home decor
DIY mini garden and concrete vessel
To make the mini garden even more beautiful, the blogger Darlene uses an old colander as a chosen vessel, and also teaches how to make a nice little vase of concrete for garnish.
Diy: how to make a terrarium
Here, Carla blogger shows the steps to assemble a beautiful terrarium container as still leaving suggestion can reuse the glass.
How to make a terrarium
In this video, the blogger Karol Pinheiro uses a glass vase on unconventional format to teach to make a beautiful terrarium. She inda explains the possibility of using seeds or cuttings of cactus in the assembly time.
Mini gardens ready to buy online
If you still want more convenience, there are online stores with mini terrariums and gardens ready for purchase. Check out a selection of mini beautiful gardens and choose your favorite:
Shop at The Mini Worlds for R $ 130.00.
Shop at Beautiful Succulent for R $ 67.70.
Buy in AteliêPI for R $ 33.95.
Shop at The Mini Worlds for R $ 20.00.
Buy in Incantare Landscapes and Flowers by R $ 45.00.
Buy the Life + for $ 70.00.
In various containers, the mini terrariums or gardens integrate the environment and bring freshness and life to any corner of your home. Worth choosing one that suits your style and start taking care of this beautiful piece of nature.
Taking care of your miniature garden
Photo: Getty Images
Despite being practical, a mini garden needs care like any other. To Babi, you must always remember that the succulent plants are natural dry and warm regions and does not require much watering. Moreover, they enjoy plenty of natural light and irrigation is required only when the soil is dry present, so they do not survive in the air conditioning climate. "Watch your plants, they always give very clear signals than they need," he explains.
It is also worth to note that the plants no matter how small, will grow within the selected container, being necessary to leave a space at the time of installation for this to occur without complications.
Another important tip is to let the terrarium or mini garden exposed to the sun only in the morning, remembering that, depending on the material, whether it be a long time in the sun can overheat and damage the development of the plants inside.
25 photos mini gardens for inspiration!
Still in doubt on how to mount your mini garden? Check out this selection and let be inspired with the most varied examples of mini gardens and terrariums. Note the chosen containers, the used plants and compositions with different types of decorations:
Photo: Playback / Workshop Ceramics
Photo: Playback / Luiza Soares Landscaping
Photo: Playback / Literary Cloud
Photo: Playback / Luiza Soares Landscaping
Photo: Playback / A Terran
Photo: Playback / A Beautiful Mess
Photo: Playback / Tent Magic
Photo: Play / From Ezter With Love
Photo: Playback / Le Robin's Nest
Photo: Playback / Apartment Therapy
Photo: Playback / Marias No Shame
Photo: Playback / Cami House
Photo: Playback / Tahis Cassimiro
Photo: Playback / Charming Project
Photo: Playback / La Casa de Juana
Photo: Playback / World Market
Photo: Playback / The Hipster Home
Photo: Playback / Azzure Fantoccini
Photo: Playback / Eli Christman
Photo: Playback / Sonny Abesamis
Photo: Playback / Kristin Eldridge
Photo: Playback / The Blondie Locks
Photo: Playback / Stellaire Blog
Photo: Playback / Inside The Fox Den
Photo: Reproduction / Life Love Larson
Is for those seeking greater contact with nature, or for those who want a beautiful object of decoration and full of charm, a mini garden will bring more life and joy to your home. Bet!